Sunday, August 4, 2013

NYX Butter Gloss Review


So I'm not going to lie to you... I've become a kind of "makeup snob" over the last few years.  Once I try a more expensive product I have a hard time turning back to my drug store finds.  However-there is just no denying a good product no matter what the price!  This weekend I popped into my local ULTA Beauty to try the NYX Butter Gloss, because I've heard multiple people rave about this product.

BOOM. I'm sold.  The glosses are unbeatable considering they have a FIVE DOLLAR price tag! The color is more concentrated than you can typically find in a gloss, and they have a soft, yes, buttery (imagine that) consistency.  If you're not rubbing your lips together, drinking, or eating-they also wear for a decent amount of time considering that's just not something glosses are known for.  My roommate even said to me Saturday night, "Your lipgloss is poppin'!" She was right.

Here are the colors I tried: (left to right, top to bottom)

      1."Creme Brulee"                  
      2."Eclair"           
      3."Peaches and Cream"      
      4."Strawberry Parfait"   
                                      
      
      

My favorite is the Peaches and Cream! Two coats and it is a gorgeous bright pink :)

I think these are perfect to go over lip stains.  I am already planning to wear Strawberry Parfait over my Tarte Lip Stain in "Fiery!"  I'll let you know how that goes ;)

These rival some pretty expensive glosses so I give them two thumbs up!!

beautiful.sophia

beautiful.sophia Twitter

Link to Butter Gloss


No comments:

Post a Comment