Wednesday, August 28, 2013

My New Favorite Face!

Recently, I decided to truly dive into the world of highlighting and contouring.  This is tricky business.  After watching countless YouTube tutorials and trying multiple products to achieve my look, I have come across some favorites.  A few of them I have been using for a while and just changed up how I used them.

Why contour and highlight?  To emphasize or create a flattering bone structure!  Be CAREFUL-and don't try this for this first time before going out in public.  It takes practice and it is easy to overdo and look dirty or unnatural.

I linked my favorite tutorial below!

Old favorites, new methodology:

1. Hoola Bronzer, Benefit Cosmetics-  To me, this is the most perfect bronzer.  It's not too dark, not too light, not orange-and works perfectly for contouring my face.  Blends beautifully. HUGE fan of this product.  I haven't found a bronzer I like this much in a long time.






2. Banana Powder, Ben Nye-  I use this to set my highlight and as a light dusting over my foundation (a must for me who is so oily).  This product is AH-MAZE-ING.  No better oil control powder out there. Period.  (I've tried a ton!)



New favorites:

1. Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Treatment Concealer in "Neutralizer", Maybelline New York- I use this as my highlighting concealer and it really helps brighten the areas of my face that should stand out!




2. Baked Split Highlighter Duo with Double-Ended Applicator, Laura Gellar Beauty- Beware, it's pricey-but you barely use any of it when contouring so it will last forever...I can already tell! Beautiful on my cheekbones and the bridge of my nose.



3. Deep Throat Blush, Nars- love the color, kinda grossed out by the name.  Glides on smoothly and evenly, placed right above the contour line.  Nars has the best blush out there-hands down.  Love this shade! 


A lot of highlight/contour tutorials use a dark concealer or foundation as a contour as well as a dark eyeshadow or bronzer.  I do NOT like this method.  It does not work for me at all.  It is too much for my oily skin!  My favorite hightlight/contour tutorial is by BeautyBox1211 and can be found here: 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OAQRO5iGo5A.  She even uses a brush like the one found in Hoola bronzer! :)

Good luck!

beautiful. sophia


No comments:

Post a Comment